The AACRL annual meeting and business dinner is held annually in conjunction with the Alabama Library Association’s annual convention. Attendees enjoy dinner and a chance to share ideas with their academic colleagues throughout the state.
AACRL also partners with the College, University, and Special Libraries Division to put on Best Practices Programs at ALLA annual convention. This year’s preliminary program may be found here:
2020 Annual Business Meeting & Dinner
Following the recommendations of medical experts and government officials to limit large gatherings while we are facing the COVID-19 pandemic, and the fact that the Alabama Library Association is cancelling its April 14-April 17, 2020, annual convention, the Alabama Association of College and Research Libraries (AACRL) is cancelling its annual business meeting and dinner scheduled for Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
We are disappointed about the cancellation but hope to see you all at some future event. Everyone who paid to attend the dinner will be refunded by the same method they paid. The AACRL treasurer will process the refunds by March 31.
To echo the Alabama Library Association on cancelling the annual convention, please stay safe and continue “flattening the curve”!
The Alabama Association of College and Research Libraries Executive Board
Past AACRL Annual Meetings
- April 3, 2019, Point Clear, AL.
Speaker: Ron Leonard, Director of Special Initiatives, Alabama Commission on Higher Education.
- April 11, 2017, Florence, AL. Networking dinner.
- April 19, 2017, Montgomery, AL.
Digital Humanities: How Students Become Curators
Speaker: Dr. Lauren Cardon, University of Alabama Digital Humanities Center
Presentation (PowerPoint file)
- April 25, 2012, Hoover, AL
Disrupted Higher Learning: Leading from the Library
Speaker: Steven J. Bell, Associate University Librarian for Research and Instructional Services, Temple University
- April 20, 2011, Orange Beach, AL
K-16 Information Literacy Efforts in Georgia
Speaker: Nadine Cohen, University of Georgia Libraries
- April 23, 2008, Homewood, AL
Speaker: Dr. Julie Todaro, ACRL President
- April 18, 2007, Mobile, AL
Emerging Ideas: The Academic Library of the Future
Speaker: Kate Nevins, Executive Director of SOLINET
- April 26, 2006, Florence, AL
Current ACRL Events and Initiatives
Speaker: Frances Maloy, Emory University Library, ACRL Past-President
- April 20, 2005, Birmingham, AL
How Should Academic Libraries Address the Requirements of the SACS Principles of Accreditation?
Speaker: Dr. Bill Nelson, Library Director, Augusta State University
- April 21, 2004, Montgomery, AL
The Academic Library in a Digital World: Problems and Possibilities
Speaker: Dr. Fred M. Heath, Vice-provost and Director of General Libraries, University of Texas at Austin
Past AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2013 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2008 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2007 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2006 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2005 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2004 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2003 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2002 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs