The AACRL annual meeting and business dinner is held annually in conjunction with the Alabama Library Association’s annual convention. Attendees enjoy dinner and a guest speaker.
AACRL also partners with the College, University, and Special Libraries Division to put on Best Practices Programs at ALLA annual convention.
2019 Annual Business Meeting & Dinner
Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
The Wash House Restaurant
17111 Scenic Highway 98, Fairhope, AL 35620
The menu will consist of the following courses:
- 1st course: Choice of Wash House salad or seafood gumbo
- 2nd course: Choice of 8oz. filet mignon, fresh grilled catch, pork tenderloin, or vegetarian option
- 3rd course: Choice of key lime bread pudding, Godiva chocolate pecan pie, or Bailey’s Irish Cream cheesecake
- Non-alcoholic beverage
This year’s speaker will be Ron Leonard, Director of Special Initiatives, Alabama Commission on Higher Education, who will be speaking about Open Educational Resources (OER) initiatives in Alabama.
Please register by March 31st. Contact Kathy Wheeler (email@example.com) with any questions.
Past AACRL Annual Meetings
- April 11, 2017, Florence, AL. Networking dinner.
- April 19, 2017, Montgomery, AL.
Digital Humanities: How Students Become Curators
Speaker: Dr. Lauren Cardon, University of Alabama Digital Humanities Center
Presentation (PowerPoint file)
- April 25, 2012, Hoover, AL
Disrupted Higher Learning: Leading from the Library
Speaker: Steven J. Bell, Associate University Librarian for Research and Instructional Services, Temple University
- April 20, 2011, Orange Beach, AL
K-16 Information Literacy Efforts in Georgia
Speaker: Nadine Cohen, University of Georgia Libraries
- April 23, 2008, Homewood, AL
Speaker: Dr. Julie Todaro, ACRL President
- April 18, 2007, Mobile, AL
Emerging Ideas: The Academic Library of the Future
Speaker: Kate Nevins, Executive Director of SOLINET
- April 26, 2006, Florence, AL
Current ACRL Events and Initiatives
Speaker: Frances Maloy, Emory University Library, ACRL Past-President
- April 20, 2005, Birmingham, AL
How Should Academic Libraries Address the Requirements of the SACS Principles of Accreditation?
Speaker: Dr. Bill Nelson, Library Director, Augusta State University
- April 21, 2004, Montgomery, AL
The Academic Library in a Digital World: Problems and Possibilities
Speaker: Dr. Fred M. Heath, Vice-provost and Director of General Libraries, University of Texas at Austin
Past AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2013 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2008 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2007 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2006 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2005 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2004 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2003 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs
- 2002 AACRL/CUS Best Practices Programs